Friday, January 2, 2009

New Puppy

A few weeks ago my mom was driving down from Garrisonville after picking up food storage items, and saw a sign for golden retreiver puppies (clearance puppies). She came home and told Lizzy and I, we of course were giddy and talked her into to driving back up and checking things out. I had strep throat and had to stay home from school (against my will, of course) so I woke up and went downstairs pestering Mom until she finally got out of her pajamas and into some decent clothing. And we were off. We had mixed emotions, mom told me not to get my hopes up, only to have them crushed. But I was prepared for the impact. Even though I didn't need to be. We got the puppy, he was one of eight 8 boys and 1 female. Our puppy and the girl were the calmest. Boomer would never forgive us if we brought another female into her life so we got the boy. That was the easy part.

Picking the name took about a week, some creativity and the REM Cycle. We had many names to choose from. But Cameron got the final say, because he picks up the puppy poo. We finally had a name picked until we sat down to breakfast. After the good mornings were exchanged Mom informed us that she had a dream. You see this was significant because mom never remembers her dreams except for this one. That caught our attention. In her dream we called the puppy, Brigham. OH-MY-GOSH. That brought on a whole new dimension of possible names. Call that dream divine intervention or whatever, but I wouldn't, 'cause we finally decided on Greyson's General Grant, named for his father and mother of Greyson. We just call him grant.

Grant is...touched, as molly puts it. I guess you could he's close enough to his feminine side to smell what it had for breakfast. He carries around a faux fur bag and he likes to play with Barbie dolls. And he has a fettish for shoes. Take that and make it whatever you want. Another funny flaw I thought I should point out before I close is that he gets deeply offended when you stick your toungue at him. The funniest thing! He tries to bite it and lunge for it. We think one day he might just fulfill his dream and Lizzy will forever have a lisp.

Wish us luck with our latest family member!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: